Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
This Level 2 course will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to work in a variety of secretarial and administrative posts at junior level. It may also be used as a preparatory qualification to the Level 3 course.
You will develop essential knowledge on how to carry out everyday and more complex administrative tasks, such as managing information, organising travel, and supporting events. You will gain an understanding of employment rights, working with others and customer service in a business environment. You will also learn how to use office equipment, touch type, and produce a wide range of written documentation.
There are no entry requirements but if you don’t have any qualifications there will be an initial assessment in English and maths.
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principle of business document production and information management
- Understanding employer’s organisation
- Principle of communication in business environment
- Principles of developing working relationship with colleagues
- Principle of customer relationships
- Principle of equality and diversity at workplace
- Store, retrieve and archive information
- Principles of team leading
Successful learners can progress to Level 3 Business Administration
Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
This qualification has been created to develop and reward those learners who are looking to or already have chosen a career in a business-related sector. We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities.
It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential, but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
Admission to the qualification will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- Qualifications at Level 2 and/or,
- work experience in a business environment and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals.
- Level 3 qualification in another discipline and a desire to develop their careers in management.
- Communication in a business environment
- Manage business and personal development
- Principles of business administration
- Principles of business
- Principles of business communication and information
- Manage physical resources
- Participate in a project
- Produce a business document
- Produce minutes of meetings
Successful learners can progress to a Level 4 qualification.