SUMMARY OF DISTINCTIVE FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is a teaching qualification which has a teaching/training practice requirement.
- It is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England. It may be possible for pre-service teachers/trainers (defined as those who are not formally contracted as teachers/trainers) to also complete this qualification. All candidates, whether pre-service or in-service must have access to 100 hours of teaching.
- Candidates who successfully complete this qualification will take an analytical and practical approach to all aspects of planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning. Whilst doing this, candidates will embed theories and principles in education and training and demonstrate them in their practice.
- Candidates will also carry out research into professionalism in education and training policies and consider their impact on their role and their accountability as a teacher/trainer.
- Candidates will also have the opportunity to contribute to quality improvement and quality assurance within their own organisation.
- There is no requirement for candidates to have completed the Level 3 Award in Education and Training or the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training before commencing this qualification. All of the mandatory units are Education and Training Units.
- There is a requirement for a minimum of 100 hours teaching/training practice and a minimum of eight teaching/training practice observations, which must reach the required standard of practice.