SUMMARY OF DISTINCTIVE FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- The purpose of BTEC Higher Nationals in Business is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and adapt to a constantly changing world.
- The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
- Pearson BTEC Higher National provides nationally recognised qualifications offering career progression, professional development, employment opportunities and further progression within higher education. The qualifications are made up of compulsory units and specialist units studied during the first year HNC and second year, leading to the full HND Business qualification.
- The BTEC Higher National qualifications in Business are aimed at students wanting to continue their education through applied learning. Higher Nationals provide a wide-ranging study of the business sector and are designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in business. In addition to the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin the study of the business sector, Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Business give students experience of the breadth and depth of the sector that will prepare them for further study or training.
- Inspiring ambition and widening horizons for young people through sports, education and other extra-curricular activities.