WHO IS THIS QUALIFICATION FOR
Trainee teachers on this qualification can teach in a wide range of contexts such as teaching across more than one level, teaching a variety of learners with specific needs, teaching individuals and groups and workplace mentoring. The DET qualification also aims to meet the professional needs of a wide range of trainee teachers and is designed:
- For candidates who work or who want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector.
- For candidates who are not in a teaching/training role or who have just started a teaching/training role.
- For teachers/trainers who are seeking career progression in their area of work,
- For candidates who have already achieved some Learning and Development units that can be carried forward into this qualification.
- For candidates who are assessors and wish to achieve a teaching/training qualification.
- For candidates who have completed the City and Guilds Award in Education and Training, or Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector and wish to progress For candidates who have completed the City and Guilds Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training or the Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, and wish to progress.