Functional Skills English
Make sure your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills are up-to-scratch for the workforce.
Both courses also include employability units to further help and support your employment prospects.
The standard course is 12 weeks, one day a week, with a weekend option 10am-1pm or 6pm-9pm.
We also have an intensive option which is six weeks long.
- Text focus: Improving reading comprehension skills
- Sentence focus: Understanding grammar and punctuation usage
- Word focus: Vocabulary, word recognition and phonics
Speaking & Listening
- How to speak to communicate
- Engaging and contributing to discussions
- Listening and responding
- How to construct sentences
- Understanding the alphabet
- Correct spelling
- Entry levels (1, 2 and 3),
- Level 1 and Level 2
Our team will assess which level course you should join.
The awarding body is NCFE.
This course is fully funded for:
This course is Fully Funded for unemployed individuals in receipt of benefit and employed individuals, providing you:
- are aged 19+ prior to 31st August 2018
- must not have previously attained a GCSE grade A* – C or grade 4, or higher
Make sure the following skills are ready for the workplace:
- Problem Solving
- Applying Maths in Context
The course also include employability units to further help and support your employment prospects.